Depositing and saving extra money
You can transfer extra money from your bank account to your credit card account, for example if you would like to use it to deposit savings, or if you would like to use your credit card to pay an amount that goes above your limit. You can then make a one-off payment into your account, so you don’t need to increase your limit.
Positive balance: saving in your credit card account
- If you have a positive balance in your credit card account of €500 or more, you receive interest.
- The interest rate is 0.03% on an annual basis. From 1 May 2020 onwards, the interest rate will be 0%.
- We calculate the interest on a daily basis and pay it to you monthly.
Please note: You receive interest with all ABN AMRO cards apart from the ABN AMRO Visa (Gold) Card.
How to pay your savings into your credit card account
- Pay your savings to one of these three ICS IBAN numbers:
ABN AMRO: NL75 ABNA 0844 9970 56
ING: NL43 INGB 0005 6353 34
Rabobank: NL88 RABO 0187 4987 92
- State your ICS customer number. You can find this in Creditcard Online and the ICS App for ABN AMRO creditcards for ABN AMRO Card-houders.
- A payment via internet banking takes 2 days to process on average.
To find out more see Paying via internet banking
How to transfer money back into your bank account: Transferring money from card to bank