Statement and balance
Your monthly statement
Each month, in Creditcard Online you will find a new statement showing all your spending over the past month. We also email you a link to your new statement as soon as it becomes available.
Statements by post
If you’d rather receive your statement by post, that’s also possible. We charge an additional €1 per statement.
How do I pay my outstanding balance?
You can choose the payment method that suits you best.
You choose when you pay:
- Pay the full amount each month
- Pay in instalments (you must apply for this because it’s a credit facility)
And you choose how you pay:
- Pay in Creditcard Online
- Pay with the ICS App for ABN AMRO creditcards
- Pay by direct debit
- Pay by internet banking
To find out more, see Paying your credit card bill
Pre-authorisation: an amount we set aside for a transaction
What is a pre-authorisation? It’s an amount we set aside temporarily, to make sure you have enough funds available to make a particular payment.
- For example, if you’ve ordered a product online, we pre-authorise the amount so the seller can deduct it from your account.
- If you fill up your car at an unmanned filling station, it isn’t known in advance how much you’re going to spend. So we pre-authorise an amount on your card. This isn’t deducted from your account: we simply make sure you have enough credit to pay. After you’ve filled up your car, the filling station deducts the amount you owe from the pre-authorisation. We then cancel the remaining pre-authorisation.
- A deposit for a rental car can also be a pre-authorised amount on your card. If you return the car in good condition, we cancel the pre-authorisation. If there is damage to the car, you pay some or all of the deposit to the car rental company.