You can use your credit card to make contactless payments. This is a quick way to pay small amounts. You can pay at all payment terminals contactless, if you see the contactless payment logo combined with a logo of Visa or Mastercard.
Pay without a PIN
You can make contactless payments with and without using a PIN. The following applies:
- Within Europe you can make contactless payments up to a maximum of € 50,-. The settings of the payment terminal from the store, determine the exact amount allowed.
- From the moment you have paid more than € 150,- consecutively, without using a PIN in Europe, you need to enter your PIN.
Please note: other maximum amounts for contactless payments may apply when you are using the creditcard outside the EU.
How contactless payments work
The first time you make a contactless payment, you will be asked to enter your PIN. Afterwards, you can pay amounts contactless without a PIN code.
- Check the amount and hold your card briefly against the terminal.
- The terminal will show whether the payment has been successful.
Secure and reliable
- After a number of payments, you will be asked to enter your PIN again for security reasons.
- If contactless payments are made after your card has been lost or stolen, the money will usually be refunded to you. See the General Conditions of your card.