Tips to use Creditcard Online and the ICS App for ABN AMRO creditcards securely
The ICS App for ABN AMRO creditcards is protected by strict security. You can use it with complete confidence. At the same time, it’s important that you also protect your smartphone or tablet, so nobody gains access to your ICS App for ABN AMRO creditcards .
How to protect your smartphone or tablet
- Don’t make banking transactions on a public Wi-Fi network, for example in a café.
- When you are not at home, it’s more secure to use your personal mobile data connection.
- Protect your smartphone or tablet with a PIN or password.
- Use a different PIN or password for each device.
- If your smartphone or tablet is to be repaired, first remove the SIM card or memory card.
Tips to protect your software and apps from fraud
- Always install the updates for your smartphone or tablet’s operating system.
- Also regularly update the apps on your smartphone or tablet via the App Store or Google Play.
- Only install apps from official sources such as the App Store or Google Play.
- Modifications to the software (such as jailbreaking, rooting or hacking) make your device less secure.
Lost or stolen device: three important steps
- If your device is stolen, report the theft to the police immediately. If your device is stolen abroad, don’t wait till you get home to report it, but go to the police in the country itself.
- If your smartphone or tablet is lost or stolen, and it has the ICS App for ABN AMRO creditcards installed, call the ABN AMRO Creditcard Services. We’ll block the ICS App for ABN AMRO creditcards for you.
- Also contact your mobile provider immediately to have your SIM card blocked. Sometimes it’s also possible to delete the data on your phone remotely.